Senior Python Engineer
August 25 Berlin
Zattoo is building the platform for the future of Television. It unleashes TV from its long standing restrictions in time and place, by using modern technology to distribute the content and personalize the experience. We give our users freedom to enjoy their beloved content whenever and wherever they want. Our platform serves over 2 Mio. monthly users, both under the Zattoo and under partners brands, and the numbers are rapidly growing.
As Backend Engineer at Zattoo, you will build the foundation for a seamless and stable TV experience for millions of TV lovers which involves quite sophisticated engineering and architecting to bring what used to be broadcast into the personalized world of the internet. We, the backend engineers, tackle this challenge everyday by using the latest standards in software design and developments and by constantly improving our processes and tools. We do all that with a strong focus on scalability, distribution, efficiency and maintainability.
We Are Zattoo
Founded in 2005 Zattoo is one of the leading TV streaming providers in Europe with around 3 million users per month. With headquarters in Zurich, we also have a large team in Berlin. Over 230 employees of 47 nationalities contribute to the television of the future and we are growing! We are pioneers in our field and wish to remain so in the years to come. That challenges us and is great fun. We have a culture that is constantly on the lookout for new opportunities, allows mistakes to be made in learning and places good ideas above hierarchies. For us, flexible working hours and the opportunity to work remotely are a matter of course. We truly foster trust based working.
- Wrap your head around our multi-tenant, distributed and international web API service infrastructure and push it to the next level.
- Design, develop and deploy backend services and API gateways with focus on high availability,low latency and scalability.
- Collaborate closely with other engineers (frontend, backend, video and ops), understand their needs and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross- functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are build by your team
- Build and maintain admin interfaces to make multi-tenancy business logic configuration accessible for tenant-facing teams
- 4+ years of experience in programming Python, building highly available services and APIs that scale and work efficiently even under the highest load,
- Experience in python-based web frameworks such as Sanic, FastAPI and/or Django, additionally with both relational and non-relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Redis),
- Proficient skills and DevOps mentality with on-prem and cloud hosting experience,
- Experience in working in a distributed services landscape
- A deep understanding of how web-based platforms work, from client requests to server-sidehandling to front-end rendering,
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills
- Bonus: BS/MS degree in computer science or similar discipline
- Bonus: Experience in programming languages such as GoLang or Ruby.
- Bonus: Experience in declarative API frameworks such as GraphQL or Falcor.
- Bonus: Experience with service oriented architecture and/or event driven architectures withintegrated external (3rd party) services
- Reward: strong market competitive salary
- Recharge: 30 days vacation plus public holidays
- Regulate: trust based flexible working hours and the option for remote working 8 weeks per year
- We’re sharing: free access to the best streaming experience on the market
- We’re developing: your own development budget, German classes and hackdays
- We’re inclusive: ‘Zattooies’ are a fun, engaged, and diverse team made up of 47 nationalities
- We’re healthy: health checks, team sports, organic fruit bowls
- We’re responsible: we are carbon neutral, an active employee Green team, discounted BVG tickets and free bike rentals
- We’re sociable: a calendar of events with fireside chats, lunches, in-house bar, BBQ’s,monthly socials, summer party and an annual off-site event
Zattoo enables our users to view indiscriminately and we reflect that in our team too.Regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law we encourage everyone to apply and will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunities employer, join us and help us continue to build a diverse team dedicated to the future of TV.
Source URL https://zattoo.com/de/en/company/jobs/job/4194892101?gh_jid=4194892101&gh_src=zattoo
Back in 2005, we pioneered Europe’s first TV streaming service. Today, we’re the world’s first certified climate neutral TV streaming provider with million monthly users. Over 230 colleagues of 47 nationalities. We’re the grown-up start-up, helping to shape a better future since day one. That hasn’t changed, even if the world has.
We’re friendly, international, inclusive – and our people say we’re reliable and transparent, too. It’s why they trust us and believe in what we do.
apply to this job